Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cookie Exchange


I am hosting my first Cookie Exchange for the holidays and i am very excited! Since this is my first time i was wondering if anyone has idea's for a cookie exchange they have done? Packaging for the cookies, decor...

One cookie i really love is the oreo truffle, they are really yummy & cute too!


Ingredients:
  • 1 bag Oreo cookies, crushed
  • 1, 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
  • 1- 20 oz. chocolate or white chocoltate almond bark

Directions:

     * Crush Oreo's and mix with cream cheese.
   
     * Roll into 1 inch balls. Put them on a wax papered lined cookie sheet and freeze for about 20 minutes   while you melt the chocolate.

     * Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute.You might need to microwave more but do for about 20 seconds each time, so you don't scorch the chocolate. Be sure to watch and stir.

     * When fully melted get the truffles out of the freezer.

     * Dip them with a fork and put on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and let harden.You can add decorations or sprinkles after each one is dipped if you want!

     * When they are hard, place truffles in a covered container and keep in the refrigerator.

I hope you enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. I love cookie exchanges. When I've hosted them, I provide each guest w/ a holiday-themed Chinese takeout-style box to collect her exchange cookies. The cookie platters are placed on the dining room table. Each person is asked to make 1/2 dozen of their cookie for each exchange participant.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to a cookie exchange or even hosted one, but I think Carole's idea for packaging sounds perfect. Cute.

    Your recipe sounds delicious. I might have to give them a try.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete