Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thank you!

Thank you so much to everyone who sent me sweet words about my last post. It means a lot.

     I dont know about y'all but i am so ready for spring weather to be here to stay! Its suppossed to be warm and we had flurries last night! Hurry up warm weather!
  
     I am looking forward to this spring So much! First of all we are able to start leaving our house a little and not be on as strict on isolation with our savannah! Just to name a few highlights-Savannah turns ONE in april, Its my birthday in April, I have two showers i'm planning in April (both for sisters-one is getting married and the other one is having her second baby, so its more of a sprinkle), my little sister gets married in May, We have several visitors coming in May and Savannahs big birthday bash is the end of may.
   
       I love planning showers & parties so much. I wish i was always planning ashower or party. I never realized how much work it is to plan two showers and 1st Birthday party at once! Its all coming together! I will definitely share details and pictures once i can.
  
      So like a lot of people i am trying to get more in shape. I've had to do a lot of sitting around the last year due to circumstances of being in the hospital over 5 months and being stuck at home. I can not believe how hard it has been to loose weight once you let your metabolism slow down. I have been working out 5-7 days a week and eating as healthy as i can! One thing i am doing in my diet is eliminating white sugar & white flour. I think it is really making a difference! Im feeling better and the pounds are starting to come off! I even gave up diet soda which i have been drinking my whole life! That was the hardest thing because i think i always used it as a way to get through my diet. Well its the best change i've ever made- i dont crave sugar like i used too & i think it was actually making me hungrier! Not to mention all the negative side affects it can have on you! Anyways, i am really feeling good about how hard i'm working to better my health & regain my self confidence. Elimanating white sugar other than an occasional treat hasnt been as hard as i thought it would be. After a few weeks you start to crave the sweetness of other things like fruit. Eliminating the white flour is a daily battle for me though! I LOVE carbs! I keep trying newcarb free recipes, but i havent come up with a lot of great ones yet. The cauliflower pizza crust we tried last week was a MEGA fail! I can't even believe my husband gave into trying it! It does NOT replace pizza! I'm hoping as i find more options this will get easier! So with all this being said feel free to send some good carb free recipes my way & ill be sharing some with you too!

One recipe i found lately is for this Avacado Tomato sala and we served it on the side of grilled chicken. It was SO good! Here is the recipe! Sorry my picture is a little blurrier than i thought!


Avacado Tomato Salad

Cut up 3 Avacado's, 1 cup of Grape tomato's, 1/2 cup diced red onion, and 4 Tablespoons of Fresh cilantro. Put all the cut up ingredients in a bowl. Then add half a can of chic pea's, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice, and a little salt & pepper. Toss it all together & enjoy :)


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment